This week I am expanding the survey nationally and deepening the data collection. Here are the geographics are the survey:
Portland (OR), Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago, Dallas, Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Washington DC and Atlanta. In addition, I am also surveying rural geographic areas: Pacific NW, Southwest, Southeast, Central, Mountain and New England.
The data I am looking for centers on this question: How approachable is a restaurant digitally (website, email, social media)? How many restaurants across the USA are approachable?
Data points collected ask these questions:
- Is the restaurant listed on Urban Spoon and Yelp and if so, are their menus published on these sites?
- Does the restaurant have a website?
- Is the website interactive (brand story, photos, menus, events)?
- Is there a direct email link? This question assumes a browser prefers a direct email link vs a comment form.
- Is there an active blog?
- Are there direct links to social networks?
We’ll publish a summary report early next week.